The International English Language Testing System or IELTS is one of the
most widely accepted English proficiency tests worldwide. For many
people, it is a crucial step toward achieving academic and career goals.
Millions of students take the IELTS test every year in India. Many people
have to take the test multiple times to get the desired result, which is a very
costly business. But now this is all going to change.
IELTS has now introduced the IELTS One Skill Retake. It is a new way for
test takers to achieve their desired score without having to retake the whole
exam, risking their scores in other formats. Test takers will now have the
chance to re-take just a single skill or module (Listening, Reading Writing,
or Speaking) to improve their scores.
Top points to note about IELTS One Skill Retake:
● You can book a One Skill Retake within 60 days of the original test
● You can take a single One Skill Retake test for one original test
● The timing and format of the One Skill Retake test will be the same
as that skill in a full IELTS test
● One Skill Retake is available for Academic and General Training test
● One Skill Retake is available in all IELTS on Computer Centres
● The price for One Skill Retake will vary, you need to contact your
local test centre
● A new TRF will be issued with new scores in the skill you
re-attempted as well as your original scores in other skills, you can
use either the original or new TRF
● One SKill Retake is eligible for Canada’s SDS Category Visa
Benefits of the One-Module Retake
● Flexibility and Customization: The most prominent advantage of
the one-module retake is the flexibility it offers. Test takers can now
focus on improving specific areas where they may have struggled in
their previous attempt, whether it’s Speaking, Listening, Reading, or
Writing. This customization enables candidates to allocate their time,
resources, and efforts more efficiently.
● Reduced Time and Cost: Traditionally, retaking the entire IELTS
exam meant investing substantial time and money. With the
one-module retake option, candidates can save both. They no longer
need to retest in sections where they have already demonstrated
proficiency, making the process more cost-effective and time-efficient.
● Less Stress and Pressure: Retaking the entire IELTS test can be
stressful, especially if you only need to improve a single module. The
new system reduces the psychological burden on test takers, as they
can concentrate their efforts on one specific skill area.
● Improved Performance: Focusing on a single module allows
candidates to hone their skills in that particular aspect of English
language proficiency. This targeted approach can lead to better
performance in the retaken module, potentially resulting in higher
overall band scores.