Major highlights of study in U.K
UK ‘s education is globally recognized for its high standard which is why it ranks second in the list of most popular countries for international students.
Major highlights of studying in the UK
- First-class Education: –Out of the world’s top 10 Universities, 4 are in the UK which says a lot about the quality of education that it offers. Along with best research and campus facilities, UK is also praised for having some of the most qualified professors teaching remarkably and making students ready for the real world. This is why, graduates of UK’s colleges and Universities are always in high demand in the job market.
- Wide range of educational institutions and Courses: – There are over 150 colleges and Universities in the UK which provide diploma and degree courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level including Masters and PhD.
- Shorter duration study: – Most undergraduate courses in the UK have a duration of 3 years, whereas most Postgraduate have only a year study which means by getting graduate early students save time as well as cost of tuition and living.
- Multi-cultural study environment: – As per statistics of 2019, around 480000 international students joined colleges and Universities in the UK. Having such a large portion of overseas students creates a multicultural environment for study in which in addition to their course study, students also learn from their peers which proves to be beneficial for their personality development.
- Opportunity to work with study: – Whether it is Part-time work which students find themselves or Internships which some of the undergraduate and postgraduate programs offer, students in both cases get a chance to work alongside their study which help students in not only paying for their monthly living expenses but also gaining work experience valuable for their career.
The UK allows all the Indian students to come and study in their country once they have got the visa. Before the requirement, below written are the types of visas UK offers for students coming from another country.
1. Short-term student visa: Students who wish to study in the UK for a short period of 6 months and are above 18 can apply for this visa. However, an extended visa can also be applied, if one is required to take a course in the English language.
2. Short-term student (child) visa: This one is similar to the previous one. The only difference is in the age of the student who will apply for this. Anybody under the age of 17, wanting to study in the UK needs to apply for this visa.
3. Tier4 (general) student visa: A student who is above the age of 16 and has been offered a place in a course at an educational institute in the UK can apply for this visa. This visa allows you to stay in the UK for a longer period of time.
4. Tier4 (child) student visa: As the name suggests, tier4 (child) student visa is for the students between the age of 4-17 who have been offered a place in a course at an educational institute in the UK. Apart from the age condition, other things remain the same as the Tier4 (general) student visa.
Following are the conditions that you must tick to be eligible for a Tier4 visa.
- Your offer letter must be unconditional and of a place (educational institute) with a licensed Tier4 sponsor.
- If your visa is short term, the intention of leaving the UK within 30 days must be shown.
- You should be able to speak, write, read and understand the English language.
- You must show financial proof such as funds to prove your ability to pay for your course and support yourself financially.
- A valid passport
- Attested copies of certificates of your previous study (10th, 12th and graduation degree, if done)
- Proof of funds
- Proof of language proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
In addition to the above documents, our visa counsellors would guide you regarding other documents which will be required during the process.